Spine care center in Fort Walton Beach, Florida
At Fort Walton Beach Medical Center, we are committed to providing a multidisciplinary approach to spine care.
Our spine program offers highly trained back doctors, nurses, physical therapists and other medical professionals. This team works together to determine the most effective treatment for every patient.
Our goal is to relieve our patients' back pain and restore their mobility and quality of life.
For more information or for a physician referral to our spine program, please call our Consult-A-Nurse® team at (850) 864-0213.
Spine conditions we treat
Our back doctors diagnose and treat a variety of conditions, including:
- Arm and leg pain, numbness or weakness
- Artificial cervical disc replacement
- Compression fractures
- Degenerative disc disease
- Disc herniation
- Motor vehicle accident injuries
- Neck and back pain
- Spinal stenosis
- Spinal trauma and fractures
- Spinal tumors
- Work-related injuries
Our orthopedic care program features a variety of services, including surgery, to help patients with back, neck and spine conditions.
We reserve spine surgery as a last resort to treatment. However, if surgery is needed, our spine surgeons use advanced surgical technology. We provide minimally invasive spine procedures, which allow for shorter hospital stays and quicker recoveries.
After surgery, physical therapy and rehabilitation helps our patients get back on their feet to promote healthy, full recoveries.
Spine patient navigator
Our spine patient navigator will help patients prepare for surgery and learn what to expect after their procedure.
The navigator's role is to provide education, support and coordination to help patients through the process of spine surgery. This includes:
- Facilitating communication between all members of the healthcare team
- Ensuring patients are aware of the educational offerings for their upcoming surgery
- Helping patients understand the necessary preplanning before surgery, such as arranging for home help, pet care and preparing your home
- Serving as a reliable and trusted resource
- Visiting patients during their hospital stays
To contact our spine patient navigator directly, please call (850) 315-8259.