At Fort Walton Beach Medical Center, we are committed to providing quality care and an individualized approach to the treatment of neurological disorders and are the leading experts in diagnosis and treatment for neurological disorders in the tri-county area. Although considered a last resort, if surgery is offered, our surgeons utilize the latest technologies and techniques. We provide the most current minimally invasive spine surgeries which allow for shorter hospital stays and quicker recoveries.
Our Physicians & Staff
Our physicians utilize the latest technologies and techniques in minimally invasive spine and brain surgery. Our staff of highly trained physicians, nurses, therapist and other professionals are dedicated to the individual need of our patients.
For a physician referral, please call (850) 864-0213.
Continuum of Care
Since the medical needs of those with neurological conditions vary greatly, Fort Walton Beach Medical Center offers the full continuum of care:
- 24-hour, fully staffed Emergency Department, offering a full complement of diagnostic technologies and specialized physicians.
- Inpatient acute-care services
- The only certified Advanced Primary Stroke Center in the area.
- When needed, the specialized services of Rehabilitation Institute of Northwest Florida offers individualized rehabilitation plans to help patients achieve their full potential through a wide range of programs, including speech/language pathology, a wheelchair seating clinic,, and ADL Driving Program, and a host of specialized therapies, including physical, occupational, and recreational therapies.
At FWBMC, we provide a variety of services in Fort Walton Beach to help patients with brain or spinal conditions such as:
- Neck Pain
- Back Pain (acute and Chronic)
- Arm Pain, Numbness, or Weakness
- Leg Pain, Numbness, or Weakness
- Disc Herniation
- Degenerative Disc Disease
- Minimally Invasive Surgery for Degenerative Disease of the Cervical and Lumbar Spine
- Spinal Trauma and Fractures
- Spinal Stenosis
- Spinal Tumors
- Compression Fractures
- Work Related Injuries
- Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Artificial Cervical Disc Replacement
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Cubital Tunnel Syndrome
- Brain Tumors
- Brain Trauma
- Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus