If you need to talk or request a referral, call us
at (850) 864-0213.
Within our therapeutic program, we have a specialized treatment available for diagnostically appropriate patients – Electroconvulsive Therapy (ECT). ECT is offered initially in an inpatient program with the option of outpatient and/or continuation ECT or maintenance ECT. Referrals are based on the patient’s diagnosis, the nature and severity of symptoms, the patient’s treatment history, potential risk, potential benefits of alternative treatments, and patient preferences.
Clinical Indications for ECT
- Need for rapid intervention
- Treatment failure with medications
- Adverse and unavoidable effects from other interventions
Major Psychiatric Indications for ECT
- Refractory Depression
- Bipolar Depression
- Bipolar mania with Depression
- Schizophrenia, particularly Catatonic type
- Schizoaffective Disorder