Our Mission Statement
Our mission is dedicated to inspiring hope and improving the quality of life for heart patients and their families through ongoing peer-to-peer support.
About Mended Hearts
Mended Hearts is a national and community-based non-profit organization that has been offering the gift of hope to heart disease patients, their families and caregivers. To offer this hope, Mended Hearts provides a variety of programs.
- Mended Hearts is the largest peer-to-peer heart patient support network in the world.
- Mended Hearts has been offering hope and support for 65 years, visiting more than 200,000 patients every year.
- Mended Hearts provides education, support and hope to all types of heart patients and their families.
- Mended Hearts and Mended Little Hearts has 300 chapters in North America, serving 460+ hospitals.
Mended Little Hearts
- Mended Little Hearts is the largest CHD peer-to-peer support network in the world.
- CHDs are the most common birth defect, affecting nearly 1% of all births in the U.S. — 40,000 babies each year.
- Mended Little Hearts works nationally and in communities to provide peer-to-peer support, education, awareness and connect families with needed resources.
- Mended Little Hearts volunteers provide direct support to families through its Accredited Visiting Program and delivering 5,000 Bravery Bags annually.
Get Support Today
Our local community chapter at Fort Walton Beach Medical Center help people understand that there can be a rich, rewarding life after heart disease diagnosis. Members listen, share their experiences and volunteer to talk to other heart patients about what they may face including lifestyle changes, depression, recovery, and treatment.
Mended Hearts volunteers offer peer-to-peer support to patients, family members and caregivers via:
Hospital VisitingIn person visit from a Mended Hearts volunteer while you are recovering.
Online VisitingEmail support and connections. Email email@example.com to request a connection.
Phone VisitingA phone call from a trained visitor to provide a word of hope. Call (888)-HEART99.
Join the Mended Hearts of Northwest Florida Chapter
Attend a local meeting at Fort Walton Beach Medical Center every first Sunday of the month. Meetings are held in the 3rd floor classroom of the hospital. Fort Walton Beach Medical Center is located at 1000 Mar Walt Dr, Fort Walton Beach, FL 32547.
For more information about the local chapter in Northwest Florida, call (850) 864-0213 and ask about the Mended Hearts Program, or visit MendedHearts.org.