Fort Walton Beach Medical Center is committed to your safety. Your safety and well-being is our top priority. Our goal is to make you feel safe and secure while you are in our hospitals. We are improving Patient Safety through use of best practices, improved technology and increased patient involvement in their healthcare.
National Patient Safety Goals
- Improve the accuracy of patient identification.
- Improve the effectiveness of communication among caregivers.
- Improve the safety of using medications.
- Reduce the risk of health care-associated infections.
- Accurately and completely reconcile medications across the continuum of care.
- Reduce the risk of patient harm resulting from falls.
- Encourage patient’s active involvement in their own care as patient safety strategy.
- The organization identifies patients at risk for suicide.