Fort Walton Beach Medical Center is an associate of the UAB Health System Cancer Community Network. We’re leading the local fight against cancer and are able to provide enhanced access to care prevention, early detection, education and screenings.
The UAB Health System Cancer Community Network, developed by UAB Medicine and the UAB Comprehensive Cancer Center, is a network of hospitals across Alabama, Florida and Georgia that provides access to the latest discoveries in cancer research and delivers an unmatched level of expert cancer treatment.
The UAB Health System Cancer Community Network is dedicated to building and fostering collaborative relationships between leading UAB physicians and scientists and community hospitals. These relationships will help connect UAB’s expertise in cancer research and clinical excellence with our partnering communities. The UAB Health System Cancer Community Network also provides access to evidence-based guidelines that lead to better outcomes.
Benefits of Network to Patients:
- Local physicians and UAB physicians working together as a team to provide the highest quality of care.
- Consultation, screening and information on the latest clinical trials available
- Efficient referral services for high acuity patients who need the specialized services of a Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Enhanced access to care prevention, early detection, education and screenings.
The UAB Comprehensive Cancer Center and UAB Medicine formed the UAB Health System Cancer Community Network to:
- Enhance the availability and quality of cancer services in our region by collaborating with community cancer centers and hospitals.
- Jointly pursue high quality patient outcomes, improved access to early detection and treatment.
- Increase patient satisfaction while offering services close to home.
The UAB Health System Cancer Community Network provides a structured program to support community-based oncology services to foster collaborative physician relationships, provide continuing medical education and offer local patients the opportunity to enroll in clinical trials managed by leading scientists and physicians, and access to UAB’s best practices in cancer care at a local level.
The war against cancer is on, and our association with the UAB Health System Cancer Community Network is another resource in this battle.
- Russell Medical Center - Alexander City, AL
- Northeast Alabama Regional Medical Center- Anniston, AL
- Southeast Alabama Medical Center - Dothan, AL
- Gulf Coast Medical Center - Panama City, FL
- Fort Walton Beach Medical Center - Fort Walton Beach, FL
Call today for a free physician referral or to speak with a registered nurse about your health questions 24/7 at (850) 864-0213.