The Surgical Services department is comprised of the Operating Room, Post Anesthesia Care Unit, Outpatient Surgery, Endoscopy, Anesthesia Services and the Sterile Processing Department. The Department of Surgical Services provides a broad range of services to the community in a safe and
Surgery consists of 9 general operating rooms, 2 dedicated heart rooms and 1 cystoscopy room to provide surgical services in:
- General Surgery
- Vascular Surgery
- Orthopedic Surgery
- Cardiovascular Surgery
- Gynecological Surgery
- Plastic Surgery
- ENT Surgery
- Urological Surgery
- Opthamalic Surgery
- Laparoscopic Surgery
- Neurological Surgery
- Maxilofacial Surgery
- Thoracic Surgery
- Emergency Trauma Surgery
Each of our surgical specialties offers a full range of operative procedures, performed either open or laparoscopically, depending on the needs of each patient. Each specialty utilizes specialized equipment, unique to that service, to enhance delivery of care.
The Vascular Center at Fort Walton Beach Medical Center includes Vascular surgery. Our vascular surgeons, trained in interventions, provide endovascular treatment of abdominal aortic aneurysm (AAA) and carotid artery stenting, as well as traditional treatments for vascular disease. Our general surgeons also provide a full range of care for the vascular patient.
The Heart Center at Fort Walton Beach Medical Center includes Cardiovascular Surgery. Our Heart Team performs coronary artery bypass grafts with endovascular vein harvesting, valve replacement, thoracic aneurysm repair and all other procedures associated with heart and lung disease.
The Cancer Center at Fort Walton Beach Medical Center includes surgical specialties to treat all types of cancers requiring invasive procedures.
The Endoscopy Suite consists of 2 dedicated procedure rooms, for upper and lower endoscopic procedures, and 1 manometry room for diagnosis of reflux disease.
We encourage you to pre-register for your procedure by calling 1-888-821-1642.
After pre-registering, please plan on speaking with the PreAssessment RN, either in person, or later, by phone.
- Follow your doctor’s instructions in preparing for your procedure.
- Read the post-procedure instructions before the day of your procedure.
- Complete lab work, EKG, x-rays, if ordered, before the day of your procedure
- If you have paperwork or x-rays related to your procedure, be sure to bring them with you.
- Arrive 2 hours before the time of your procedure Endoscopy patients should arrive 1 hour before their scheduled procedure time
To be more comfortable after your procedure, do these things on the morning of your procedure:
- Shower or Bathe
- Wash your hair
- Do not use hair gels or sprays
- Men should shave
- Women should not wear make-up
- Avoid oily body lotion
- Bring your glasses and leave your contact lens at home
- Do not wear any jewelry, including piercings.
- Services A-Z
- Acute Care Services
- Behavioral Health Services
- Cancer Care
- Critical Care Units
- Destin Emergency Care Center
- Diagnostic Imaging
- Emergency Department
- Express ER
- Food & Nutrition Services
- Heart Center
- Inpatient Physical Rehabilitation
- Laboratory Services
- Neonatal Intensive Care
- Pediatric ER
- Pharmacy Services
- Robotic Surgery
- Stroke Center
- Surgical Services
- Therapy Services
- The Vascular Center
- Women's Services
- Wound Care & Hyperbaric Services
- Vein Center